Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cork 3....

Hi ya...

Back in one piece...
What to say about Cork?
It was different then what I'm normally used to...
But still ok...

The Venue
I was staying in The Silver Springs Hotel in Cork. Now I'm not there anymore I can tell everybody that I was staying in room 611 and not 403.. (That's Cookie's room!!!)
I had a good view as this was the room on the top floor on the far right... With a view at the Convention Center where the tournament was held.
20 tables in one big arena, 3 or 4 other tables were there to practice on but I think that there
weren't any lights above it...
But most important of all..... THE INTERNET TABLE!!!
That table was my responsibility...
You don't start a match until I say so.. You don't lag until I say so...
You don't use foul language or I'll hit you! ;)

I thought that the prices of drinks ans food were ok.. Something you'd expect from a hotel...
Only thing I wasn't happy about was that there wasn't any food in the center itself! Yeah they had Mars bars and more chocolate stuff.. And hotdogs..
But as I was working almost all day long, I didn't really have time to go to the hotel lounge/bar/restaurant to have my lunch, dinner, tea, supper or whatever...
And I wasn't allowed to bring it to the center either!!!

The Players and teams
For this being a world championships I had expected a bit more players and teams than I have seen here..
But seeing that this was the first...
Not a bad job done...
But... Before I get attacked by all the English pool experts...
This was my first event that took place on the small table so I don't have anything to compare it to!

All said...

I want to thank Cookie and Trevor for making my week a lot easier..
Especially Cookie!! You're my hero of the month!!!
Without you I would probably have killed some people there...
;)


- The cute lady from the Shetlands.. Thank you for shouting out Internetlady all the time! Should I feel offended that you didn't even want to know my real name?
- Steve Martin.. Thanks for embarrassing me at the presentation dinner... I'll get you back for it..
- Alan, Rob, and the other that I can't remember the names of... Sorry!!!
- Arthur.. Thank you for keeping me company during the boring matches while I almost fell asleep... (imagine how stupid it would look, me being asleep during work!) And for keeping some of the people away from me!
- Kenny for not letting me miss the Barnsley talk all week!
- Shar for explain how Blob works! And 45.. Which I still don't get!
- Dudley for the good company during the mornings and the presentation dinner...
- TV guys... You're only on here because sometimes you did what you had to do.. And I'm a too nice person to ignore you.. ;)

- Most important of all... COOKIE!!!! THANKS!!!!

No comments: